Monday, May 31, 2010

Holding On.

i was skyping with a friend a few nights ago, and she mentioned something that i never really realized about myself. she asked about something, and i actually showed her what i was talking about. she then said that i am very sentimental. i knew this about myself in that fact that i just hold on to things that are given to me or said to me, but i never really told myself that im sentimental. but someone pointing it out to me made me realize it completely.

it is rather strange that a sentimental being can hold on to the simplest of things. things as simple as a valentines day card, a picture with some friends, a photo of a distant relative who served in WW2, or even text messages.

ive come to realize that most of the things that have enormous sentimental value to me were somebody else's. somebody else that i did not even know. for instance, just about everything in my military artifacts collection means something to me...but i did not know the owners of 95% of the artifacts that i have. yet they mean a lot to me. its a strange phenomena. the only other sentimental things that mean something to me are personal things that people have sent to me or said to me. these two areas, history and a few close friends, make up the extremely sentimental part of me. and i am thankful. thankful that i am this way, and at least care very much for a few things, instead of not passionately caring for anything.

i just like to hold on. hold on to alot of things that mean nothing to many people, but they mean the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment